Installing a baby monitor on a wall is a convenient way to watch your baby sleep without being physically present. Though there are other alternatives for installing a baby monitor, a wall mount is ideal because it’s safe and far from the baby’s reach. So let’s take a look at the process to see how it’s done.
What to Do Before Mounting the Baby Monitor Camera on the Wall
Before mounting the baby monitor, survey the room to determine the best place. The wall gives a bird-eye view of the baby’s crib and room. Get a ladder and climb it at different positions to check where will be the ideal placement for the baby monitor cameras.
The Best (Safest Position) for Most Baby Monitors
If the video monitors are equipped with a zoom feature, tilt, and a remote pan, the best location on the wall is the corner near the ceiling. From this vantage point, you can get wide coverage of the baby’s bedroom.
It’s also the safest position to mount a baby monitor because it’s high enough to offer your baby no chance of reaching it, which most parents prefer. It also limits exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
Just ensure that you use a cord cover or cable clips to hide the baby monitor cord.
- Wall mounting kit
- Power drill (use a 730 seconds drill bit)
- Pencil for marking the spot
Phase 1: Pick a Spot for the Wall Mounting System
We’ve pretty much covered this step already. Read “what to do before mounting baby camera on the wall.”
Phase 2: Trace Holes on the Mounting Spot
- Use the wall mounting bracket on the wall.
- Use a pencil to draw two holes in parallel (the holes should be in a vertical position).
- Remove the wall mounting bracket.
Phase 3: Drill Holes
Get a power drill and use it to create holes at the pencil-marked spots.
Phase 4: Place Wall Anchors Inside the Holes
- After drilling both holes, insert wall anchors into these holes.
- Use a hammer to gently push these anchors inside until they’re level with the flat surface of the wall.
Phase 5: Inserting the Screws
- Place the screws inside the wall anchors.
- Use a screwdriver to tighten the screws until just a quarter of their length is exposed.
- Check to make sure it’s the same length as your fingertip.
Phase 6: Installing the Wall-Mounting Bracket
- Mount the bracket on the screws.
- Slide it down until it’s securely in place.
Phase 7: Baby Monitor Placement
- Place the baby monitor on the wall mounting bracket.
- Slide it down until it locks into place.
Phase 8: Optimizing the Viewing Angle of the Camera Unit
- Hold the baby unit in place while rotating the knob (it’s behind the camera) in an anti-clockwise direction to free up the joint.
- Tilt the camera unit upwards and downwards until you get the angle you prefer.
- Once you’ve got the perfect angle, keep the camera unit in place while rotating the knob clockwise to tighten the joint and keep the angle secure.
Be mindful of the following to prevent any unfortunate incident:
- Ensure the baby monitor cords are firmly secured to the wall. If the monitor cord is just lying around and within reach of the baby, it can result in choking hazards or infant strangulation.
- Hide the baby monitor cord if you have to because as the child grows, they may get fixated on the safety baby monitors and may want to rip the cord out from the wall. You can use plastic tubing or a cord cover for this.
- Ensure the camera unit is installed vertically to get the best angle of your baby sleeping.