You have found the perfect cake for your BFF but now you’re stuck as to what inscription will work well! Don’t fret! We have done a little research and are happy to reveal what Baby Shower Cake Sayings are the most popular.
However, if you don’t like any we have provided then here are a few pointers to consider before you decide to try to fit a novel on to that tiny cake.
Key Points To Remember For Baby Shower Cake Sayings
- Keep it short and sweet (there isn’t much space on a cake). Rather write your essay on the Baby Shower Greeting Card.
- Make sure you know the spelling of the baby’s name (errors can be funny but sometimes not)
- Check that you have the sex of the child correct – don’t assume. (e.g. Erin can be a boy or a girl name)
- Try to find out what the mother likes and dislikes (maybe she doesn’t like the color yellow or even pink.) We realize it will be eaten but there will be photos taken
Baby Shower Cake Sayings Categories
Now let us break it down into categories so that you can pick that perfect saying for that perfect cake.
Sometimes just the name of the expectant baby is enough. But what if the name is just too long, double-barreled, you are not sure of the spelling or the parents are the kinds of "waiting 'till the birthday" to choose the name?
Specific Nick Name Used by Mom
Maybe the mother-to-be has been calling the new baby a little name all along whilst he/she has been growing. Peanut – Squish – Whatshisname – Noo-Noo – and the not so endearing it. It could be very apt to use that nickname on the cake.
Boys Will Be Boys
There are some very cute sayings for boys that can be straight to the point and quite memorable. Baby shower cake sayings aplenty.
Here are our favorites:
- It’s a Boy!
- Snakes, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
- King of the Castle
- Prince (and their name)
- Mommy’s Little Prince
- Prince Charming
- Oh Boy!
- Mr. Happy
- Mr. Funny
Or any of the Mr. characters, specific to something the parents have said about baby or their experience through baby’s growth (e.g. Mr. Speedy – because the baby moves around allot).
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Little girls need a special something and here are a few we found:
- It’s a Girl!
- Daddy’s Little Girl
- Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice
- Bling Girl
- Princess Pea
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Little Miss Happy
Or any of the Little Miss’s will do (again perhaps specific to something the parents have said or experienced during the pregnancy. E.g. Little Miss Quiet (because the baby doesn’t move around allot and maybe Mom has had an easy time)
Keeping The Faith
If the parents to be are religious you could choose from a variety of Christian sayings, such as these:
- Delivered by God
- Gods Most Precious
- Made with Love, Delivered in Faith
- A Baby Is a Bit of Stardust Fallen from the Hand of God
Some Christian quotes can be lengthy, so just ensure you can fit it in before deciding on that quote for your baby shower cake saying.
Sometimes you don’t know the sex or the name. So go with something non-specific but just as endearing, as these:
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Stars (if Twins)
- Wondering ???
- 5,4,3,2,1 Coming Ready Or Not!
- Pink or Blue? We Love You!
- Be It A Girl Or A Boy, We Simply Cant Say … But Lets Shower The Parents Before Their Delivery Day
- Ten Little Fingers, Ten Little Toes, Two Beautiful Eyes And One Button Nose!
That one in itself is a good inscription when twins are expected. Here are a few other goodies for our choices on baby shower cake sayings:
- Two of Everything
- Two’s Company
- Thing 1 and Thing 2
- Pigeon Pair
Triplet baby showers are a dime a dozen, but you may just have to come up with something, so here you go:
- Three Blind Mice (the cake décor could have the nursery rhyme theme)
- Three’s Company
- Triple Trouble
- A Trio of Trouble
Maybe your Mom-to-be has a certain theme in the baby’s new room or she likes a specific something. You could work the saying around that theme:
- Future xxxx (insert a profession) In The Making
- Little Rocker (perhaps the parents love rock music)
- Mary Mary Quite Contrary (the room may have a nursery rhyme theme and of course if the baby were actually going to be named Mary, this would be perfect)
- Perfectly Painted (maybe one of the parents is a painter or artist)
- Let’s Go Dotty (a polka dotted themed room or baby shower)
- Pink Power (Mom loves pink)
- Love is …. (based on the candies that have Love is …)
- Mega Bytes (one of the parents could be in the IT /computer industry)
- Ships Away (Nautical Theme)
- Batter Up (a Baseball Theme)
So, with so many options to choose from, we are positive that you will find the perfect baby shower cake sayings. And if you are still stuck, you can't go wrong with – Baby’s On The Way!